We have many opportunities to volunteer to coordinate a PTA event or participate on an event committee. Some work can be done at home and we will provide guidance documents to assist you in coordinating. There are also opportunities to shadow current event coordinators.
Please consider signing up to run a PTA TGIF event, after school program or serve on a committee.
Click this link to sign up for a PTA volunteer opportunity for the 2017-2018 school year, http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0a48aeab29a4fc1-vmes3. Commitment level varies by position as indicated.
Whether you can offer a little or a lot of your time, talent or treasure, we welcome your help! If you have questions regarding an event or what coordinating an event entails, please contact Lorena Moyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
How can I help?
- Become a Member: Download a membership form or pick one up outside the school’s main office. Annual membership is only $10 and gives you voting rights at PTA meetings.
- Make a Tax-Deductible Donation: Money donated to the PTA, above your membership dues, is tax-deductible.
- Join the Viers Mill PTA list serv: Go to http://groups.google.com/group/viers-mill-pta and click “Apply for group membership”. The Viers Mill PTA e-list is a great way to stay informed about PTA activities and opportunities to get involved.
- Volunteer at an Event: Make popcorn at movie night, help children write their wish lists at Book Fair, run a game at Spring Fair, translate a flyer into Spanish or use your unique skills to contribute any way you can. Check out our list of areas we can use your help with, PTA Volunteers Needed.
- Attend a Meeting: PTA meetings are held the first Tuesday of the month from 7-8pm in the Media Center. Free child care is provided by Global Children's Center. Check out the PTA Meeting link for the list of 2017-2018 meeting dates. Attending meetings is not mandatory, however, we'd love to have you there.
- Become a Board or Committee Member: We need help with Activities & Events, Communications, Fundraising, and Membership.
- Find us on Facebook: Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/589969601176611/ and request to join the Viers Mill ES PTA Facebook page. This is another way to keep informed about PTA activities and opportunities to get involved.
- Earn Money for the PTA by Shopping: Participate in Giant’s A+ Bonus Bucks for Education, Harris Teeter’s Together in Education or Amazon Smiles. See more about these painless fundraising programs our Fundraising page.
- Clip and Collect Box Tops: The PTA receives 10 cents for for each Box Top. It may not sound like much, but when they add up, it does wonders! In the 2016-2017 school year, the Viers Mill PTA earned $815 just by collecting Box Tops.