Welcome to the Viers Mill Elementary School PTA
The Viers Mill Elementary School Parent Teacher Association (PTA) welcomes you to school year 2016-2017. The PTA is a group of parents, caregivers, teachers, and administrators who work together for the welfare and education of our children. We are very excited about the 2016-2017 school year.
Bienvenidos al Año Escolar 2016-2017 de la Escuela Elemental Viers Mill. Nuestra asociación de padres y maestros de Viers Mill (PTA) es un grupo de padres, guardianes, maestros, y administradores que trabajan juntos para el bienestar de la educación de nuestros hijos.
Viers Mill PTA News
- The Viers Mill Open House is scheduled for Thursday, August 25, 2016 from 1 - 3pm. Please stop by the PTA table to fill out your membership form for the 2016-2017 school year. The fee to join is $10 per adult. We'll also have a token of appreciation for each PTA member who joins this school year. The grade with the most PTA members by September 23rd will get a popsicle party on September 30th.
- Next PTA meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, September 13, 2016 from 7 - 8pm in the Media Center. Free childcare provided by Global Child Care.
- Our first PTA meeting (in Spanish) is scheduled for Wednesday, September 21, 2016 from 7 - 8pm in the All Purpose Room.
- Chime In! The PTA wants to year from YOU! Have an idea of how we can boost our membership this year and what we can do to encourage more families to join? Interested in a particular before/after school program for our kids? Have questions, concerns or suggestions, please email Sara Moskowitz, VMES PTA President, at email@example.com. You may also send your comments/suggestions (through backpack mail) in an envelope addressed to "VMES PTA Suggestions". One of the PTA officers will respond.
Reasons to Join the PTA
- Get connected. Know what's happening at the school.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- When pare nts are involved, children do better at school!
What does the Viers Mill PTA do?
Our Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a group of parents, caregivers, teachers and administrators who work together for the well-being and education of our children. Some of our activities include:
Nuestra asociación de padres y maestros de Viers Mill (PTA) es un grupo de padres, guardianes, maestros y administradores que trabajan juntos para el bienestar de la educación de nuestros hijos. Las actividades en la escuela incluyen:
- Providing funds to teachers for classroom books
- Organizing TGIF movie & family fun nights
- Sponsoring cultural arts programs for students
- Planning Spring Fair for the whole community
- Organizing Scholastic Book Fairs
- Contribuyendo con fondos a los maestros para libros
- Organizando noches de diversio para las familias
- Ayudando con programas culturales actividades
- Organizando la feria de Primavera para la communidad
- Organizando la feria de libros Scholastic
PTA Membership Form
Join today. Download and fill out the membership form. Send it back to school in an envelope marked "PTA Membership".