Welcome to the Viers Mill Elementary School PTA
The Viers Mill Elementary School Parent Teacher Association (PTA) welcomes you to school year 2016-2017. The PTA is a group of parents, caregivers, teachers, and administrators who work together for the welfare and education of our children. We are very excited about the 2016-2017 school year.
Bienvenidos al Año Escolar 2016-2017 de la Escuela Elemental Viers Mill. Nuestra asociación de padres y maestros de Viers Mill (PTA) es un grupo de padres, guardianes, maestros, y administradores que trabajan juntos para el bienestar de la educación de nuestros hijos.
Viers Mill PTA News
- Chime In! The PTA wants to year from YOU! Have an idea of how we can boost our membership this year and what we can do to encourage more families to join? Interested in a particular before/after school program for our kids? Have questions, concerns or suggestions, please email Sara Moskowitz, VMES PTA President, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also send your comments/suggestions (through backpack mail) in an envelope addressed to "VMES PTA Suggestions". One of the PTA officers will respond.
Per MCPS regulations, all volunteers must be trained in recognizing child abuse and neglect prior to volunteering at Viers Mill or chaperoning field trips. Prior to volunteering, you must log on http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/childabuseandneglect/, to complete the training, and bring a printed copy of the certificate you receive to the main office.
The online training is currently available in English and Spanish. It will be available in other languages later in the year.
Click on the orange box that says, Online Training for Volunteers and Contractors: Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect. There is also a Frequently Asked Questions document in English and Spanish.
Reasons to Join the PTA
- Get connected. Know what's happening at the school.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- When pare nts are involved, children do better at school!
What does the Viers Mill PTA do?
Our Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a group of parents, caregivers, teachers and administrators who work together for the well-being and education of our children. Some of our activities include:
Nuestra asociación de padres y maestros de Viers Mill (PTA) es un grupo de padres, guardianes, maestros y administradores que trabajan juntos para el bienestar de la educación de nuestros hijos. Las actividades en la escuela incluyen:
- Providing funds to teachers for classroom books
- Organizing TGIF movie & family fun nights
- Sponsoring cultural arts programs for students
- Planning Spring Fair for the whole community
- Organizing Scholastic Book Fairs
- Contribuyendo con fondos a los maestros para libros
- Organizando noches de diversio para las familias
- Ayudando con programas culturales actividades
- Organizando la feria de Primavera para la communidad
- Organizando la feria de libros Scholastic
PTA Membership Form
Join today. Download and fill out the membership form. Send it back to school in an envelope marked "PTA Membership".